Alamo Manufacturing Services is seeking an experienced maintenance / electrical fitter
This maintenance fitter position is Permanent, full time, 37 hour week days only, 8am – 4pm with every third week working the late shift 2.00 p.m. – 10.00 p.m.
Reporting directly to the Maintenance Manager.
Salaried position £25,000 p.a. dependent on experience.
The precision-engineering partner for some of the most famous names in agricultural and green maintenance technology, Alamo Manufacturing Services manufactures equipment for blue-chip British companies such as Bomford Turner Ltd, Spearhead Machinery Limited, and McConnel Ltd
A multi-million pound investment in the company’s state-of-the-art production facility at Salford Priors has enhanced quality and manufacturing capacity – ensuring AMS can meet the growing demand for new technologies. It builds and tests machines to meet the ISO9001:2002 hallmark of British quality management.
Maintenance Fitter Responsibilities:
This is a hands on role responsible for installation, service and repair of engineering/production machinery and equipment. Planned preventative maintenance as well as responding to emergency machinery breakdowns. Fixing faults on site as well as arranging for equipment to be installed.
Utilising manufacturer’s technical manuals and diagrams to help locate faults and carry out repairs to a range of equipment including welding equipment.
Workshop and production environment based.
The ideal maintenance fitter:
To be successful for this role, you will be a hands-on engineer with excellent knowledge and experience of maintaining and repairing mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic factory machinery. The suitable candidate will be a time-served fitter with a mechanical aptitude ideally gained within a heavy manufacturing environment.
- Time-served Maintenance Engineer with an electrical bias.
- Practical with strong problem solving and fault finding skills.
- Ability to read and follow technical plans
- Ability to work alone as well as part of a team.
- Experience of installation, fault finding, reactive and preventative maintenance.
- Knowledge of mechanical, electrical, hydraulics, pneumatics and computerised systems advantageous.
- Competency with a range of workshop equipment.
- Experience with factory building facilities.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org