McConnel Ltd is seeking an experienced Service Engineer
Competitive Benefits & Salary Package
Provision of after sales technical support for customers and end users via phone and on-site assistance. Administers warranty and support parts.
- Conducts service visits to carry out on farm service support.
- Provide advice and guidance via phone on normal service related calls, warranty decisions, and technical problems.
- Provide part numbers of all parts used on service jobs for accurate pricing.
- Where required, assist in field testing on new products and existing products for Engineering and design changes.
- Operator instruction and product training at sales meetings.
- Attend Agricultural shows and assist in set up and tear down of shows where required.
- Assist in product training at sales meetings
- Contribute to writing new product manuals and update existing manuals
- Assist service and parts department with parts shortages, identifying part numbers and other items related to sales orders
- Repair and return reconditioned service exchange items
- Any other duties as required by Company and within capabilities.
- Mechanical or Engineering Qualifications.
- Experience in similar role essential.
- Good oral communications and listening skills required
- Trouble shooting and diagnostic ability essential.
- Good human relations skills necessary
- Mechanical ability and skill in making appropriate repairs necessary
- Working knowledge of mechanical farm equipment essential
- Working knowledge of Hydraulic and electrical circuits also essential
- Basic computer skills required.
- Organizational ability preferred
- Willingness to be flexible and adaptable as long distance travel is required.