McConnel is seeking an experienced warehouse supervisor
Competitive salary and Benefits package
McConnel is a multi-award winning British manufacturing company that is leading the way as the world’s number one supplier of Power Arm and green maintenance technology.
Based in Ludlow, Shropshire, McConnel offers a comprehensive portfolio of premium hedge-cutting, mowing, cultivation and remote control machinery that sets the standard for quality and innovation in the industry and is exported to more than 40 countries around the world.
With direct supervision, coordinates warehousing activities for industrial manufacturing operations. Establishes operational procedures for activities. Supervises the receiving and stocking of parts. Responsible for shipment of parts to meet objectives.
1. Prioritizes and assigns work to ensure completion and timeliness of customer shipments. Works closely with Production Planning and Control and Customer Service
2. Manages, prioritizes and assigns work to ensure completion within company timelines of the goods inward process. Works closely with the Inventory Control Manager and Purchasing Department.
3. Determines staffing levels and manpower schedules based on workloads and knowledge of products and materials. Maintains operating schedule relative to production demands and deadlines.
4. Advises employees on care and preservation of items received, stored and shipped. Advises employees on methods and use of equipment in handling, storing, maintaining and shipping stock and related problems.
5. Conducts and monitors training programmes to enhance subordinates job performance. Suggests and initiates plans to motivate workers to achieve goals. Conducts department employee meetings. Analyses and resolves work problems or assists workers in solving work-related problems.
6. Initiates or recommends personnel actions such as promotion, transfer, disciplinary measures and/or terminations through appropriate channels and/or by following proper procedures/approvals. Completes and administers subordinates performance evaluations.
7. Traces history of items to determine reason for discrepancies between inventory and stock control records and recommends remedial action to resolve discrepancies.
8. Understands and supports procedures for maintaining inventory accuracy. Ensures all transactions are accurate and complete.
9. Maintains time and production records and analyses departmental shipping performance.
10. Confers with department heads to ensure coordination of warehouse activities with production, sales, purchasing and customer service.
11. Inspects physical condition of warehouse and equipment. Prepares requisitions for repairs and replacement of equipment.
12. Directs salvage of damaged or used material enduring adherence to correct procedures/approvals.
13. Enforces Company safety rules and regulations. Ensures department and surrounding area(s) are clean and orderly.
14. Manages Time and attendance system in line with company rules and timelines
1. Educated to HNC level or equivalent in warehousing/supply chain management qualification.
2. Previous warehouse supervisory/management experience essential in a manufacturing environment. Demonstrable experience with increasing levels of responsibility required.
3. Knowledge and understanding of warehouse and shipping functions.
4. Knowledge of computer systems, programmes and data retrieval.
5. Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. Good human relations skills.
6. Good leadership skills. Good problem solving skills. Ability to persuade and motivate.
7. Good coordination skills. Able to plan, prioritize and organize various activities.
8. Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines and shipping schedules.