Spearhead Machinery is seeking an experienced After Sales Manager
After Sales/Parts/Warranty Manager
Competitive Salary & Benefits Package
The After Sales Manager will be tasked with the development of Spearhead Machinery Limited's global after sales business delivering the highest possible standards of customer service, whilst maintaining revenue contribution and controlling warranty costs in line with the objectives of the company.
The After Sales Manager will actively support the sales & marketing team where parts and service issues are involved and will oversee the running of the company’s busy parts and service departments.
Spearhead Machinery is Europe’s leading manufacturer of large area rotary mowers, specialising in vegetation maintenance and stubble management technology.
Traditional and core business is centred around the maintenance of green areas with a full range of reach, flail and rotary mowers within the product offering providing the most viable solutions wherever vegetation may grow.
As a company Spearhead remains focused on providing its customers with solutions, extending and growing the product range to continue delivering as Europe’s true ‘Green Area Maintenance Specialist’.
- Build, lead, motivate and develop a highly successful parts and service team that achieves the company objectives
- To deliver the effective management of all Service and Technical aspects for the full range of Spearhead products
- To implement ongoing after sales marketing related activities between Spearhead and its dealer and distributor network assisted by the marketing department
- Recommend improvement measures with the aim of continuously enhancing customer satisfaction with Spearhead After Sales service
- Conduct operational planning in line with the departmental budget
- Introduce and use various reporting tools to facilitate the planning and controlling of the department
- Regularly interact with the dealer service and parts network promoting and developing the sale of Spearhead Parts and Service
- Introduce a training program to enhance dealer and distributor service and parts standards as necessary, maintaining and reviewing them on an annual basis
- Deal with any customer complaints pertaining to product reliability, assisting dealers, distributors and customers alike to find satisfactory resolutions to these complaints
- Enhance and administer the After Sales element of Spearhead’s online dealer portal improving the service offered to the dealer and distributor network and its staff
- Monitor the status of the Spearhead demonstration fleet, coordinating repairs through the Service Department and ensuring that machines are presented to a standard suitable for demonstration purposes
- Assist the engineering department with feedback on warranty issues and the performance of demonstration and prototype machinery
- Contribute to improving the business and enhancing the company by making new suggestions and implementing change when requested to do so
- Background in Agricultural, Automotive or Commercial Vehicle parts and service
- Mechanical ability and skill as overseeing appropriate repairs is essential
- Experience of operating in a similar role
- Ability to lead a team and delegate responsibility where required
- Ability to coach and develop other team members
- Excellent communications and decision making skills
- Good organizational skills with strong IT skills, particularly MS Office as the ability to interpret and present data is important
- Must be flexible to work additional hours where required as travel both within the UK and Overseas is essential